Your MICARD is used for your identification, building access, meal plan, dining dollars and flex. Your first MICARD will be issued during Orientation.
If your card is lost or stolen:
- Log into your mica.managemyid.com account, and mark your card as lost. This prevents your meals, dining dollars and flex from being used.
- Go to the Campus Safety Administrative office (1212 W Mount Royal Ave) to report your card as missing and to obtain a replacement. If you are unable to go to Campus Safety or if it's outside of their normal business hours, please call 410-225-2245. This prevents your card from being used to access MICA buildings.
- Once you get a new card, your account will be assessed a $25.00 ID Replacement Fee.
- To re-activate your meal plan, dining dollars and flex, visit the Student Accounts office during regular business hours.
Meal plans and dining dollars can be used at the following locations:
- Meyerhoff Dining Hall
- Café Doris
- Java Corner
- Glace Grill
Meals provide entry to the Meyerhoff Dining Hall and can be used to purchase certain food items at other on-campus dining locations. Please inquire at each loacation about which items are eligible as meals.
Unused meals expire at the end of each term. Additional meals can be purchased in blocks of ten.
- 200 Meal Plan (includes 75 Dining Dollars)
- 150 Meal Plan (includes 125 Dining Dollars)
- 100 Meal Plan (includes 135 Dining Dollars) Not available to Foundation Students living on Campus
- 75 Meal Plan (includes 80 Dining Dollars) Not available to Foundation Students living on Campus
Dining Dollars can be used at all on-campus dining locations. They are useful when purchasing smaller items such as coffee or a snack when students don't want to order a full meal.
Unused Dining Dollars will carry over from the Fall to Spring term, but expire at the end of the Spring term.
Selecting a Meal Plan
Meal Plan selection links can be found here until the first Friday of each term. Any requests to change meal plans after the first Friday of each term must be handled with Student Accounts in person.
- Fall 2016 Meal Plan Selection
- Spring 2017 Meal Plan Selection
Meal plan selection will be available to all incoming students after they are given access to their MICA.edu email address.
Undergraduate Foundation Year students living on campus will automatically be enrolled in the 150 meal plan unless they select the 200 meal plan.
On rare occasions the College will allow a student to waive out of the meal plan requirement. The most common causes for providing such a waiver are medical concerns related to the meal plan and financial hardship. In order to apply, click here to request a meal plan waiver. Your completed request will be forwarded to the Office of Student Affairs.
All current students have a Flex Account associated with their MICARD. The Flex account works like a debit card. Money must first be deposited before it can be spent.
Depositing to a Flex Account
- Visit mica.managemyid.com - You can create an account with your MICA email address or make a deposit as a Guest without logging in.
- Email StudentAccounts@mica.edu to transfer a credit balance from your student account to your flex account.
- Visit or call the Student Accounts office to pay by cash, check or overseas credit/debit card.
Locations that accept Flex payment
- Bookstores: MICA College Store
- Dining: Meyerhoff Dining Hall, Café Doris, Java Corner, Glace Grill
- Laundry Services: Meyerhoff, Founders Green, Gateway
- Printing & Copying: Art Tech Center, Decker Library, Postal and Print
- Vending Machines: All locations on MICA campus
- On the Hill Cafe
- Park Cafe & Coffee Bar
- Brown Rice (2404 N. Charles St. location only)
- Fines: Some departmental checkout locations. Inquire with each department
Flex Account Policy
Flex account funds never expire and can be used year round. The funds carry over from semester-to-semester, and can be used in the Summer. When a student graduates, withdraws, or takes a leave of absence, all funds that are in the flex account will be refunded back to the student within 90 days.
This page was last updated on 12/14/2016.