Fall Freshmen students should apply for on-campus housing using the electronic housing application following the steps below.
1. On-Campus housing is required and thus guaranteed for Freshmen, though room-type requests are considered on a first come first served basis. The date you deposit will impact your first choice of a single or a double room, therefore we encourage you to deposit as soon as you have made the decision to attend MICA.
2. To complete the Online Housing Application and housing agreement log-in using your birth date and your MICA student I.D. number. (Your I.D. number can be found on your letter of acceptance.) Complete and submit the housing application and the housing agreement.
3. To secure your space in the Freshman class, submit your $550 housing deposit and $450 tuition deposit along with the Declaration of Intent form found in the acceptance packet by May 1st to the Office of Undergraduate Admission along with the Declaration of Intent form found in the acceptance packet. (The $550 housing deposit includes a $300 non-refundable reservation deposit in addition to a $250 damage deposit refundable when you move out of housing). Payment can also be made by credit card but must be indicated on the Declaration of Intent form. Housing applications received without both deposits will not be considered. Placement into a single or double bedroom is based on the date of your $550.00 housing deposit and not the date of your housing application. A housing deposit and housing application are required for placement in on campus housing.
4. The housing agreement is for the full academic year (August through May).
5. Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent in mid August along with other move-in details including, the name(s) and contact information of your roommates, so that you may start planning your move together. Please note that every effort will be made to place students together if mutually requested on the housing application.
6. Incoming students wishing to request an exemption from MICA's on campus housing requirement should click here for additional information about the Contract Release Process.
7. Students requesting housing accommodations with medical conditions (requirements) must register with MICA's Learning Resources Center (LRC). More information about the LRC can be found by clicking here.
The Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing Office is located in Latrobe House within Founders Green. The office is open weekdays from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. Students may come to the office to ask questions, to discuss any problems or concerns, or to just say hello. You can always call us at (410) 225-2398 or email us at email@example.com.