facebook pixel

Students, staff & faculty can login to access personalized content.

Parent & Guardian Access is located here.

Please enter your login info

Forgot your password?

[Skip to Content]

Student Development Specialist

The Student Development Specialist is the position in Student Affairs responsible for working directly with students to solve problems that impact their academic succcess.

Ways in which the Student Development Specialist can assist students include:

  • Coordination with faculty regarding the potential for extensions, incompletes, or other arrangements that may assist students with the successful completion of course requirements 
  • Communication with faculty if class attendance is affected by familial, personal health related, or financial problems
  • Leave of Absences or medical withdrawals, if appropriate, from one or more courses
  • Temporary parking arrangements
  • Assistance in mapping out a personal transportation plan, including shuttle service, public tranportation, taxicabs, and the purchase or rental of equipment, such as a wheelchair

As a reminder, MICA does not offer transportation services outside the regular MICA Shuttle Service. Students, who may be seeking other types of accomodations, including evacuation assistance in the event of an emergency, will be directed to the appropriate office.

MICA can assist students who have medical conditions, injuries, or disabilities that affect mobility. The College recognizes the challenges that art and design students face transporting supplies and materials on a daily basis, challenges that are exacerbated when an individual's mobility is impaired.  To schedule an appointment with the Student Development Specialist, please call 410-225-2422 or stop by the Office of Student Affairs, Suite #260 in the Bunting Center.