There are two required forms for membership at the MICA Fitness Center. These must be filled out in their entirety at registration during open gym hours. The Liability Agreement is a form in preparation for your participation in activities sponsored by MICA. The PAR-Q is a questionnaire regarding your ability to be safely active. Please note that by checking yes on any of the boxes on the PAR-Q, you will be required to complete a Physical Clearance Form with your primary care provider (likely back home).
MICA Fitness Community
MICA Fitness is only as strong as we make it. Everyone needs to work together to encourage a friendly, open and inclusive environment. As such, we ask the following:
- Participants are expected to be responsible, courteous and safety conscious.
- Participants are encouraged to consult a physician prior to beginning an exercise program.
- Please report any equipment or facility issues immediately to MICA Fitness staff.
- Exercise at your own risk; Exercising is beneficial but may expose you to many possible injuries.
- Participants are responsible for and should secure their own medical insurance.
- When in doubt, ask the Fitness Staff for help.
MICA Fitness Guidelines
MICA Fitness Guidelines are designed to promote a healthy, safe, and fun fitness experience. They are not intended to be exhaustive. MICA Fitness Reserves the right to prohibit behavior which is innapropriate or may place participants and facilities at risk.
- MICA ID is required. Transfer of MICA ID or assistance with ineligible entry is considered fraud and membership will be suspended
- Alchohol, tobacco or illegal substances are not permitted
- Exercise areas are food free zones
- MICA Fitness is a pet free zone
- Beverages are permitted in a shatterproof container with a closed lid
- Filming and/or photogrophy is not permitted unless authorized by MICA Fitness Center staff
- MICA is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- All found items will be held until friday then turned into the campus safety located at 1212 Mount Royal Ave
- Proper Athletic Attire is required, this includes but is not limited to...
- Shoes, shirt and athletic pants/shorts must be worn at all times
- Only clean, closed-toe athletic shoes with non-marking soles are allowed
- Clothing must be free of snag -prone features (IE: cargo pockets, zippers, draw strings)
This page was last updated on 06/02/2016.