MICA's Winter Break Schedule
Dec. 16, 2017 - Jan. 15, 2018
The College will be closed: Monday-Tuesday Dec. 25-26, 2017, and Monday Jan. 1, 2018.
During Winter Break, there will be changes on campus regarding hours and services. Students are encouraged to check with specific departments, services and studios to determine when facilities will be available (all campus phone numbers are available online in the MICA directory). In addition, please note the below adjustments to building access hours:
Building and Department Access
- Friday, Dec. 15, 2017: All buildings except residence halls will close after exams at 7 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 16-17, 2017: Academic buildings will be closed for the weekend.
- Monday, Dec. 18, 2017-Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018: Academic buildings will be open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. with the exception of the College holidays listed previously.
- All Academic buildings will be closed on weekends, including Dec. 23-24, 2017.
- Buildings will resume normal hours of operations on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 at 8 a.m. although it is a College holiday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day).
- Graduate students will have access to the Fred Lazarus IV Center, MICA Place and other graduate studios and collaborative workspaces (ID required) from 9 a.m.-midnight, seven days a week (with the exception of the College holidays listed previously).
- Fred Lazarus IV Center will resume 24-hour access during the MLK Winter Intensive Session on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 through Monday, Jan. 15, 2018. For low-residency programs in session, please contact the program director for a schedule.
- The Film Centre will be open from 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. from Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 16-28, 2017. However, please be aware of the below exceptions:
- The Film Centre will close early on Friday, Dec. 22 at 5:00 p.m. It will remain closed through the holiday and then reopen on Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- The Film Centre will close early on Friday, Dec. 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. It will remain closed through the holiday and then reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
- The Film Centre will be open from 7:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, Jan. 2-7, 2018.
- Film Centre regular hours resume on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018.
- Some Academic and Campus Services will have hours that differ from core building hours, such as the MICA Store, Decker Library, Fitness Center, Fabrication Shops, and the Health Center. Please check mica.edu or contact those services directly for more information.
Residence halls will close on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. Only students who applied and have been approved to live in the residence halls over winter break will be permitted to remain after that time. All other students may return to residence halls on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018 after 9 a.m.
- Glace Grill will close at midnight on Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017. It will resume normal hours of operation on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
- Java Corner will close on Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 at its usual time of 4:30 p.m. It will reopen with normal hours of operation on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
- Meyerhoff Dining Room will serve brunch on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m., but will then close for the break. It will reopen for dinner at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018.
- Cafe Doris will be open Monday-Friday, Dec. 18-22, 2017 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. It will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 with limited hours of 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Normal hours of operation will return on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
- Campus shuttle services will end for Winter Break on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017 at 7 a.m.
- Limited shuttle services will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 with the Evening Safety Shuttle running from 5 p.m.-midnight.
- Regular, full shuttle services will resume Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
- The Shopping and Social Shuttles (including the H-Mart Shuttle) will not run over the winter break, but will resume Friday-Sunday, Jan. 19-21, 2018.
- Two shuttles will be available to take MICA students to BWI Airport. These shuttles, which are free and available on a first-come/first-served basis, will leave Founders Green at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 15, 2017: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017: 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. (LAST available shuttle)