Located in the Brown Center, the Hall is equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual systems. General specifications for the Hall are as follows:
Seating: Main Level: 430 seats; Balcony Level: 90 Seats
Stage: 42 ft long at front; Approximately 24 ft deep at deepest point
Dimensions of Hall
Height from floor to ceiling at first row of seats – 36 ft.
Height from floor to ceiling to underside of balcony at last row – 16 ft.
Length from back of hall to back of stage – approx. 100 ft.
Width of hall – 52 ft.
There are two different sound systems within the Brown Center.
- The first is a speech sound amplification system to support lectures and presentations from microphones on stage. This system emphasizes high intelligibility and flat frequency response necessary to reinforce the human voice. The space and the acoustics of the room are not designed to provide sound reinforcement for large musical groups with electronic instruments or for orchestral performances. The system is designed to support smaller scale musical or theatrical performances.
- 8 Shure SM 58 and a 2 SM 57 Microphones are available for use as well as a very limited number of mic stands and two stage monitors.
- The second is a higher-powered full range system for the playback of prerecorded music. This is a multi-channel playback system including a traditional 5. l surround as well as additional surround EFX speakers that can be used in a variety of artistic applications. The system can support 5:1 audio for both DTS and Dolby Digital audio (6 channels of sound). It includes a left, center, right, surround left, surround right and sub-bass channel. These systems work in conjunction with the various video projection systems
Projection and Control Systems
The auditorium is designed to support a variety of projection systems. These include:
- 16mm and 35mm film playback. The Hall has dual 35mm theatre-quality Century film projectors with Dolby interface and a single Elmo LX2200 16mm 2000 watt projector.
- 10,000 Lumen Digital Projections Titan Projector Native 1920x 1080P
- Computer graphics
- Oppo Blu Ray Player
- DVD media
- VHS Video tape
- Digital Video tape
- Dual Long throw, high-powered Xenon slide projectors
- 14 ft. x 26 ft. Videomate 200 perforated electric screen
- Supports 16:9 video format as well as 4:3 video and computer image format.
An intercom system is available to allow for communication between a stage or technical manager and technical systems operators in the control areas.
The auditorium is wired to provide access to a number of different systems. These include:
- Internet access
- Video inputs include: HDMI, DVI, VGA, RGBHV, Component
- Ethernet connections at 1000 MBPS
- Wireless Ethernet access from audience, stage and lobby areas