Tool Safety and Operation
- Wear proper personal protection equipment. Safety glasses or face shield are re- quired. Wear hearing protection that is appropriate for the level and duration of the noise in the tool room. A dust mask is recommended. Do not wear gloves.
- Wear proper apparel. No loose fitting cloths or neckties. No loose jewelry. Long hair must be covered or tied back. Non-slip footwear is recommended.
- Keep the work area clean. Cluttered areas and benches invite accidents.
- Avoid an unintentional start. Make sure the switch is in the off position before the plate joiner is plugged in.
- Keep the power cord positioned away from the work to be performed to avoid cutting the chord.
- Make sure the plate joiner is unplugged while adjustments are being made.
- Secure the material to be joined with clamps or a vice before attempting to make a cut.
- Have a firm grip on the plate joiner with both hands before turning the switch on. Make sure the blade slides smoothly before operating the machine.
- Guard against kickback. Kickback occurs when the blade stalls rapidly and the plate joiner is driven in the direction opposite the blade rotation. Release switch immedi- ately if the blade binds or if the joiner stalls.
- Do not lay the plate joiner down until the blade has come to a complete stop. 11. Disconnect the electrical cord on the plate joiner before leaving the work area.
- Empty the dust bag before it becomes half full.
DOWNLOAD PDF - Plate Joiner Safety Sheet