1. Where is the Art?
Everywhere you look, in every building. MICA has one of the most ambitious exhibition programming in the country. Student work is constantly on exhibit in the college's named and departmental galleries; faculty works are shown frequently, alongside challenging contemporary installations.
Numerous donated works, both historical and contemporary, dot MICA's grounds, building courts, and offices.
Below is a listing of MICA's campus galleries and their locations:
The FOX Building has 4 Galleries:
• 1st Floor: Decker Gallery; Meyerhoff Gallery
• 2nd Floor: FOX 2
• 3rd Floor: FOX 3 Thesis
The MAIN Building has 1 Gallery:
• Lower Level: MAIN 0 Gallery
The MT ROYAL STATION has 1 Gallery:
• 1st Floor, Central: Middendorf Gallery
The BROWN CENTER has 3 Galleries:
• 2nd Floor: Rosenberg Gallery
• 3rd & 4th Floor: Department-run Galleries
The BUNTING CENTER has 2 Galleries:
• 1st Floor: Pinkard Gallery; Student Space Gallery
The FRED LAZARUS IV GRADUATE CENTER has 2 Galleries:
• 1st Floor: The Sheila & Richard Riggs Gallery
• Lower Level: Leidy Gallery
Footprints for each gallery can be found here:
2. I AM A MICA STUDENT. CAN I HAVE AN EXHIBIT ON CAMPUS?
• All departments are scheduled to exhibit it the campus galleries throughout the year; chances are, your instructor will be working with you and your classmates on at least one installation per semester.
• You can apply - via Student Activities - for an exhibition in one of the many student-run galleries on campus. These spaces are located in many buildings across campus:
3. WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THE EXHIBITIONS DEPARTMENT FOR MY SHOW?
The department provides numerous services that support on-campus exhibitions:
• Technical equipment
• Installation tools: levels, drills, nails, and other hardware
• Delivery of Pedestals, vitrines and other gallery furniture
• Gallery lighting
Please see our Installation Guide for further information.
4. WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENT DOES THE EXHIBITIONS DEPARTMENT PROVIDE?
The department provides a wide range of equipment: computers and media players, LCD screens and projectors.
5. DOES THE EXHIBITIONS DEPARTMENT PROVIDE VINYL FOR EXHIBITIONS?
The department cuts vinyl for the larger exhibitions in the Decker, Meyerhoff, Pinkard and Sheila & Richard Riggs/Leidy Galleries.
For all other student needs, we recommend contacting the Art Tech Center:
6. WILL THE DEPARTMENT OF EXHIBITIONS HELP INSTALL MY SHOW?
The department does not install departmental shows but does assist in many others across the campus. The department also provides the tools and equipment to be used; please consult the Installation Guide for further information.
7. WILL THE EXHIBITIONS DEPARTMENT MOVE MY ARTWORK?
The department does not move artworks from student residences to the campus galleries. However, arrangements can me made by departments for transportation to galleries or buildings. Please consult the Installation Guide for further information.
8. I AM NOT A STUDENT. HOW CAN I PROPOSE AN EXHIBITION AT MICA?
All exhibition proposals are approved to move forward for institutional approval by the Director of the department. If accepted, the proposal will be reviewed by MICA's Exhibition Committee.
Exhibition Proposal Form:
9. HOW CAN I REQUEST A WORK OF ART TO BE HUNG IN MY OFFICE?
The department does not provide artworks but will hang works that are brought in by staff or faculty members at their first opportunity.
Installation Request Form: