General Library Circulation Guidelines
• All patrons must present either a current MICA ID, a current BALC member institution ID or Decker Library alumni card in order to borrow materials.
• Books are borrowed for a period of three weeks for students and staff, one semester for faculty.
• DVDs are borrowed for a period of two days for students, two weeks for faculty and staff.
• If an item that you need is on loan to another patron, you may ask Circulation staff to place it on hold, and notify you when it is returned.
• Any item may be renewed if no other patron has placed a hold on it - see student guidelines for more information.
• Overdue charges are $0.25 a day per book, $1.00 a day per DVD.
• A book is considered lost if not returned within two months of the due date. A DVD is considered lost if not returned within two weeks of the due date. The borrower is then charged the item's full replacement cost along with a $25 processing fee per item.
• Items can be returned after hours through the drop located at the main entrance of the Library on the first floor of the Bunting Center.
• Users can view a list of their checked-out items -- and students may renew items twice -- using the Library Catalog by clicking on "My Account" and logging in with their MICA credentials.
• You can also view your account using your mobile device! The free BookMyne app allows you to view your checked-out items, holds and fines, and allows students to renew items. Available in the App Store for Apple iOS and Google Play for Android.
This page was last updated on 10/20/2016.