Post-Graduate Activities (the MICA Class of 2015 Alumni Survey was completed in March 2016).
MICA Undergraduate Alumni 1
- 84% of MICA undergraduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 74% were working in a field related to their program of study.
- 10% were participating in graduate study.
MICA Graduate Alumni 2
- 88% of MICA graduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 94% were working in a field related to their program of study.
- 11% were participating in graduate study.
Student Persistence: Comparative Retention and Graduation Rates
*The updated MICA retention rate is the percentage of Fall 2014 first-time, full-time freshmen who returned Fall 2015; for the national average, it is the percentage of Fall 2014 first-time, full-time freshmen who returned Fall 2015.
**The graduation rate is the percentage of Fall 2009 first-time, full-time freshmen who graduated after six-years (through 8/31/2015).
Sources: National Student Clearinghouse (national average retention rate from 2016) and the National Center for Educational Statistics (national average graduation rate for Fall 2008 first-time, full-time undergraduates).
Additional Six-Year Graduation Rate Information Specific to MICA
- Male - 71%
- Female - 74%
- Asian - 62%
- Black - 72%
- Hispanic - 67%
- International - 79%
- Other - 75%
- Unknown - 81%
- White - 74%
by Pell Grant recipients - 67%
Financial Aid Information
Prior to Student Orientation and registration for classes, new students must complete the Student Immunization Record that is part of the Health History Form. The mandatory immunizations include Measles, Mumps, and Rubella; Tetanus-Diptheria; as well as a Tuberculin test. Students are also required by Maryland State law to have a meningococcal vaccination but can complete a waiver if they choose not to have the vaccination. The completed Health History form is submitted to the Student Affairs Office and eventually submitted to Chase Brexton, our on-campus Student Health Services provider.
- 347 out of 390 undergraduate alumni completed the MICA Class of 2015 Alumni Survey (including Knowledge Rate), an 89% rate of participation.
- 153 out of 167 graduate alumni completed the MICA Class of 2015 Alumni Survey (including Knowledge Rate), a 92% rate of participation.
This page was last updated on 11/22/2016.