Post-Graduate Activities (the MICA Class of 2014 Alumni Survey was completed in March 2015).
MICA Undergraduate Alumni 1
- 84% of MICA undergraduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 83% were working in design or arts-related jobs.
- 11% were participating in a graduate program of study.
MICA Graduate Alumni 2
- 95% of MICA graduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 88% were working in arts-related jobs.
Student Persistence: Comparative Retention and Graduation Rates
*The updated MICA retention rate is the percentage of Fall 2013 first-time, full-time freshmen who returned Fall 2014; for the national average, it is the percentage of Fall 2012 first-time, full-time freshmen who returned Fall 2013.
**The graduation rate is the percentage of Fall 2008 first-time, full-time freshmen who graduated after six-years (through 8/31/2014).
Sources: National Student Clearinghouse (national average retention rate of 3600 schools from 2014), and the National Center for Educational Statistics (national average graduation rate from 2012).
Additional Six-Year Graduation Rate Information Specific to MICA
- Male - 75%
- Female -71%
- Asian - 68%
- Black - 70%
- Hispanic - 81%
- International - 68%
- Other - 76%
- Unknown - 68%
- White - 73%
Financial Aid Information
Prior to Student Orientation and registration for classes, new students must complete the Student Immunization Record that is part of the Health History Form. The mandatory immunizations include Measles, Mumps, and Rubella; Tetanus-Diptheria; as well as a Tuberculin test. Students are also required by Maryland State law to have a meningococcal vaccination but can complete a waiver if they choose not to have the vaccination. The completed Health History form is submitted to the Student Affairs Office and eventually submitted to Chase Brexton, our on-campus Student Health Services provider.
- 404 out of 456 undergraduate alumni completed the MICA Class of 2014 Alumni Survey (including Knowledge Rate), an 89% rate of participation.
- 124 out of 133 graduate alumni completed the MICA Class of 2014 Alumni Survey (including Knowledge Rate), a 93% rate of participation.
This page was last updated on 03/25/2016.