The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are:
1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records.
2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
4. The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged failures by Maryland Institute College of Art to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
5. The following information will only be released directly to the student or with the student’s written authorization: grade reports, class schedules, transcripts, and honors awarded.
6. The following information has been deemed “directory” information and may be released without student consent unless the student has indicated otherwise: name, address(es), enrollment status (full- or part-time), and degree earned.