facebook pixel

Students, staff & faculty can login to access personalized content.

Parent & Guardian Access is located here.

Please enter your login info

Forgot your password?

[Skip to Content]

Should I send cash or gift cards through the mail?


Don't do it.

Special Note about Sending Cash, Gift Cards or important ID documents through the US Mail

As tempting as it is for parents and grandparents to send money to their college student, MICA Postal & Print Services does not recommend sending cash or gift cards through the mail. In the past, letters with cash or gift cards have not always reached their destination. 

If you must send money, please send a pre-paid credit card taped to the inside of a rigid envelope and be sure to put a tracking number on it (Registered Mail or Certified, Return Receipt). Keep the reciept and card information until your student receives the gift card.

Greeting Cards that may look like gift cards, such as a student's social security card or driver's license, may also go missing in the US mail. Please report any missing mail to postalandprint@mica.edu.

If it's important, pay to have it tracked.

Alternatives to Sending Cash or Gift Cards Through the Mail

Deposit money on your student's MICARD

We recommend calling MICA Student Account Sevices for a more secure transaction to deposit money in your student's Flex Account : 410-225-2356 to make a credit card payment over the phone.

Purchase an online gift card
Purchase credit at Apple or Amazon then email or text your student the redemtion code.

Make a surprise visit to your student
Just drop by unannounced and hand over the cash or gift cards in person. They'd love to see you. Anytime.

This page was last updated on 06/22/2016.