Eligible applicants (see below) may apply for up to $1500 in funding for such expenses as materials, supplies, entrance fees, and transportation that are integral to the development, implementation or evaluation of qualifying projects. Grantees may apply for funding to compensate commissioned artists or guest speakers participating in projects.
Below is the list of materials that must be submitted online by 11:59 PM on either of the following application due dates.
- For projects in Fall 16 or Spring 17, Sunday November 6th, 2016
- For projects in Spring or Summer 17, Sunday January 19th, 2017
- Community Engagement Grant Application [Online Application] [PDF Preview]
- Budget Form [Blank Budget Template] [Sample Budget]
- Reference Letters and Supporting Documentation (Optional)
Please Note: If awarded a Community Engagement Grant, you must complete a report form and send images from the project at the end of the semester. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (410) 225-2504.
Who is eligible for a Community Engagement Grant?
Any current MICA student, staff or Community Art Collaborative member may apply for a Community Engagement Grant.
What types of projects qualify?
- Projects should encourage collaboration between MICA and the outside community to meet a particular community need or to pursue a desired outcome.
- Grants may be used either to launch a new project or program, or to strengthen/expand an existing project or program.
- Letters of Support from partnering organizations that confirm both the need for the project and the partnering organization's interest in collaborating with the applicant are not required but highly recommended and will be strongly considered in the grant review process.
- Previous projects have ranged from after-school activities with children to community-based public art projects and social design initiatives.
How much funding can I request? What can I use my funding for?
Applicants may apply for up to $1500 for such expenses as materials, supplies, entrance fees, and transportation that are integral to the development, implementation or evaluation of qualifying projects. Grantees may apply for funding to compensate guest speakers participating in projects.
How long does it take before I know if I've been awarded a grant?
Applicants are notified approximately 2 weeks after the application due date as to their status.
How do I gain access to my funds?
Funds may be accessed in multiple ways, including:
- Reimbursement Via Check
- MICA College Store Charge
- Purchase Orders
- MICA Van or Bus Rental
To learn more about the different methods for accessing your funds please visit the Accessing Your Funds page on our website.
Can I apply for a Community Engagement Grant if I've been awarded one already?
Yes, you can. However, to be eligible for a new award you must have fulfilled all the requirements of your previous grant's acceptance letter..
Who will be reviewing my application and how are funding decisions made?
All applications are reviewed by a committee comprised of one or more of the following: MICA faculty, MICA staff, and/or community members. Input from the committee determines whether or not the project is funded and at what amount.
Not all projects are fully funded. Partial funding is typically due to one of two factors: a) the inclusion of ineligible expenses in the budget request, or b) lack of evidence of a compelling need for the expenditures. Applicants seeking full funding at the top range are advised to clearly articulate the need for line items either in a budget notes or in the project description.
What follow-up is required once I have completed my project or spent all of my funds?
ALL grant recipients must submit a project report including photos and any additional documentation. More information about reporting on your project can be found here.
This page was last updated on 09/22/2016.
Join us at our office in Fox 110 with any questions you have about applying for this opportunity.
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.