About Being a CAC Member
CAC Members will be placed in year-long residencies at community arts organizations in Baltimore City. Members will develop curriculum, teach classes & workshops, and assist in the evaluation of classes and programs. Members will provide outreach to potential program participants, publicize opportunities & events, and incorporate ongoing feedback from children served into program planning. Members will also assist in increasing volunteers and resources. They will have the opportunity to design and implement community & service learning projects that can include students and other members of the community. Members are required to have experience teaching art to youth in order to be considered.
Recruiting for some unique opportunities!
- Are you interested in working with refugee youth in Baltimore, who come from countries all over the world? If so, BCCC's Refugee Youth Project could be an amazing Site placement for you!
- Do you have some background in working with video, photography, and other digital media? If so, Baltimore United Viewfinders and Wide Angle Youth Media could be great Site placements for you!
- Do you speak Spanish? The Southeast CDC is looking for CAC-AmeriCorps members who have some Spanish skills, to facilitate programs with Spanish-speaking community members in their area.
- Are you interested in environmental conversation, and how art can play a role in that? Check out the Baltimore Orchard Project.
- Do you have fantastic skills in other visual or performance art areas? Sounds great! Many of other other Partner Organizations can be a great fit for you!
CAC Member Application
Thank you for your interest in The Community Art Collaborative (CAC). CAC is now accepting applications for the 2017-18 program year. APPLICATIONS WILL BE DUE ON MAY 1, 2017. Below is a description of the general application process.
Please contact the CAC Program Manager, Sarah Edelsburg, with any questions: Sedelsburg@mica.edu. We look forward to receiving your application!
Part 1: Resume and Cover Letter
In your cover letter please describe why you are specifically interested in CAC, and why you would like to be teaching art to youth in community settings. Please also include what experience you have leading community projects, or leading art classes in community settings.
Part 2: Digital Portfolio
- 6-10 images of your art work, community art projects, teaching samples, and/or supplementary photographs.
- Please include captions for each photo/image.
- Please submit all the images as one PDF only! (Don't forget to include your name in the PDF.)
Part 3: Two References We Can Contact / Letters of Support
- 1-2 Letters of support.
- Please include at least one professional or work related reference.
Part 4: Please send all required materials (Resume, Cover Letter, Application, Portfolio, and Reference Letter) in one email to Sedelsburg@mica.edu with the subject line "CAC 2017-18 Application: Your Name." Finalists will be notified in mid to late June.
Some people initially apply to CAC through the AmeriCorps job listing website. You can also fill out the AmeriCorps application in PDF form (AmeriCorps PDF Application). Anyone may apply through the AmeriCorps website, but they will also be asked to go through the steps listed above, before the application is considered complete. You are not required to fill out an AmeriCorps application form to apply to CAC.
- Finalists will be asked to do some research on our Partner Organizations in preparation for an interview, and should be available for an interview in person, by phone or by video conferencing in June.
- The AmeriCorps Service year commitment would begin the last week of August 2017, and run through August of the next year (August 2018).
- CAC's program year is contingent on approval of funds from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Community Art Collaborative is an AmeriCorps program funded in part by a grant from the Maryland Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
This page was last updated on 03/22/2017.