Open Enrollment begins on April 10 and ends on April 23, 2017.
During this period, you have the opportunity to review, change, add or delete any of your current benefit elections and/or dependents. Any changes you make will take effect on June 1, 2017.
Announcing New Benefits!
- Short Term Disability: All Employees are now eligible for Short Term Disability on the first of the month following on year of full-time employment.
- Commuter Benefit Programs through Benefits Resource, Inc. (BRI): MICA is now offering a broader Commuter Choice program by partnering with BRI. You will be able to use pre-tax funds to pay for MTA, MARC, Metro, Amtrak, and many more transit authorities.
Changes for the 2017/ 2018 Plan Year:
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA will now be provided by Benefits Resources Inc.
- Medical payroll deductions will increase by only $4.00 per pay for both plans and all coverage levels.
- There have been some plan design changes to the basic and premium medical plan. The changes will be announced shortly.
- There will be no changes in dental and vision premiums.
Please Save the Date for these very important events:
Open Enrollment: April 10, 2017- April 21, 2017
If you are not making any plan changes and want to keep your current coverage, you are not required to do anything, unless you are currently participating in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) plan and you wish to re-enroll in this plan. However, we strongly recommend you log onto the online system to verify your elections and print a benefit confirmation statement. If you do not go online to make any changes by April 21, 2017, you will automatically be defaulted to your current elections (except for the FSA if you are currently enrolled). If you would like to waive Medical or Dental coverage, you must log in to Benelogic to do so now.
Benefits Fair: April 12, 2017 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Main 110
Knowledgeable representatives from our benefits vendors will be available to provide information and answer questions about our plans and programs. MICA is hosting free vision screens this year. Raffles prizes, benefits updates, and light refreshments will be available at the event.
Open Enrollment Information Sessions
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 4:30 pm, Bunting 207
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 12:00 noon, Bunting 207
You are able to make changes to your benefit elections during Open Enrollment by following the steps below:
1. Log on to www.mica.benelogic.com.
2. Enter your username: First letter of your first name, your entire last name, and then the last four digits of your social security number. (For example: John Doe, SSN: xxx-xx-1234. His username would be JDOE1234)
3. Enter your password. If you forgot your password, select the "Forgot Password" link.
4. Follow the instructions online.
This page was last updated on 04/05/2017.