Students, staff & faculty can login to access personalized content.

Parent & Guardian Access is located here.

Forgot your password?

Employment for F-1 Students

F-1 regulations regarding employment are very strict. Do not engage in any employment until you are certain that you have the proper authorization. Always seek the advice of the International Affairs office if you have questions about employment.

F-1 regulations regarding employment are very strict. If you wish to work in the United States, please visit International Affairs before you begin working to discuss your options. Do not begin working until you receive proper authorization.  Please select below for the type of employment you are interested in.

On-Campus Employment

Off-Campus Employment (CPT)

Employment After Graduation

Practical Information relating to U.S. Employment:

Social Security Number and Tax Information

U.S. government regulations require that F-1 students have a job offer in order to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). If you have been offered an on-campus job at MICA or if you have been authorized for CPT or OPT, please contact the International Affairs office. We can provide you with instructions on how to apply for an SSN and with a letter that you will need as part of your SSN application.

Note that immigration regulations change regularly, so these guidelines may change at any time.

Please click here for the Social Security Information Sheet.

All F-1 students are required to submit a tax form to the U.S. government for every year they are present in the U.S. even if you did not work or earn money.

Please click here for a general guide to help you better understand tax requirements.  If you have questions or need assistance with preparing your tax forms, please seek advice from the appropriate government agency, a qualified tax accountant or attorney.