Waltemath, who has been an educator since the early 1990s, has taught for more than a decade at the I.S. Chanin School of Architecture of the Cooper Union in New York and in the visual arts department at Princeton University in New Jersey. She has also served as the editor-at-large of The Brooklyn Rail, a critical publication of arts, politics and culture, for nearly 10 years.As an artist, Waltemath has exhibited extensively throughout the United States and internationally, including solo shows in New York; Basel, Switzerland; London; Brussels; and Bonn, Germany. Her work is in many noted public collections, including the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the National Gallery of Art in Washington and the Muse de Beaux Arts, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Waltemath has received grants from the Pollock-Krasner Foundation and has been invited to residencies, including Insel Hombroich (Germany) and The Edward F. Albee Foundation.
You may also be interested in:
- Nancy Princenthal, Spring 2015 Critic-in-Residence
- Barry Schwabsky, Fall 2014 Critic-in-Residence
- Raphael Rubinstein, Fall 2013 Critic-in-Residence
- Ken Johnson, Spring 2013 Critic-in-Residence
- Christian Wulffen, Fall 2012 Critic-in-Residence
- Stephen Ellis, Spring 2012 Critic-in-Residence