Faculty, Alumni, Students and Staff Contribute to Selected Projects
Posted 05.16.11 by MICA Communications
IFP has accepted two MICA-affiliated film projects into its Independent Filmmaker Labs program--the only program in the world currently supporting first-time feature directors in post-production to complete, market and distribute their films.
About the films and MICA connections:
Us Naked: The Adventures of Trixie and Monkey
Weirdo meets high-glam in Us Naked, the story of Trixie Little and The Evil Hate Monkey, a thirty-something couple sharing a peculiar life as an acrobatic-burlesque super-duo. From overdrawn checkbooks to major theatrical productions, Trixie and Monkey endure life on the road to make big eyelashes and monkey ears a full-time reality. But how long can they keep this up? A trailer is available here.
- Director, Cinematography and Lead Editor: Kirsten D'Andrea Hollander (foundation and video & film arts faculty)
- Producer and Cinematography: Scot Hollander '87
- Associate Editor and Cinematography: Kata Frederick '09
- Additional Cinematography: Lotfy Nathan '09, Scott Lowe '09, Cinnamon Triano (student) and Larry Jackson (student)
- Location Sound Recording: Matt Davies '09
- Animated Text Design: Tyler Hach (student)
- Sound Studio Recording: Jon Bevers (staff and faculty)
The Twelve O'Clock Boyz
In Baltimore, an illegal dirt bike group converging from all corners of the city takes to the streets. They are called "The Twelve O'Clock Boyz." Pug, a young child growing up in a combative West Baltimore hood, finds solace in the group.
- Director and Producer: Lotfy Nathan '09
- Editor: Patrick Wright (video & film arts chair)
- Assistant Editor: Nisha Ramnath '10
- Additional Videographers: Larry Jackson (student), Paul Slupski (student) and Ian Scott '10
Previously, through its programs, IFP supported the production of and facilitated film industry connections for Music By Prudence, the MICA-affiliated documentary short subject film that won an Oscar in 2010.
Through the labs, IFP works to ensure that talented emerging voices receive the support, resources and industry exposure necessary to reach audiences. To learn more about the program, visit www.ifp.org/labs.
Image captions (top-bottom): Stills from Us Naked: The Adventures of Trixie and Monkey and The Twelve O'Clock Boyz.