Despite the summer lull in other facets, the Communications Department has had a great number of successes so far this summer:
Posted 07.30.10 by mica communications
- We captured 155 press clips, including in several national art magazines such as American Artist, PRINT, ARTnews, Sculpture, Communication Arts and American Craft, and metropolitan publications including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post and Baltimore Sun; and
- The number of people who "like" us on Facebook increased significantly as did Twitter followers where we finally broke the important 2,000 threshold.
Pageviews for the website dipped for June, which is expected for the summer on the annual cycle, and is on par with last June. The most-visited story by more than double the next was about the two alumni competing on the Bravo reality show, Work of Art; following was the stories about the MICA@Rochefort-en-Terre exhibition, June off-campus exhibitions and the article about President Fred Lazarus helping launch a design school.
Below are highlights of these articles; for a more comprehensive list with links, click here.
- Washington Post Features 'Artful Activism' by Alumni Group, Faculty Member
- President Lazarus Featured for Helping Launch New Baltimore Fashion, Design and Architecture School
- Wall Street Journal Muses About Sports at Art Schools
- Two Alumni Compete on New Bravo Series
- Alumni Approach Jewelry as Sculpture, Capturing the Media's Attention
- Parkhurst Wins Best Employer Award, Noted for Green Initiatives
- Laure Drougul EDS Exhibition Featured in Sculpture Magazine
Founded in 1826, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) is the oldest continuously degree-granting college of art and design in the nation. The College enrolls nearly 3,500 B.F.A., M.F.A., M.A., M.A./M.B.A., M.A.T., M.P.S. and continuing studies students from 49 states and 65 countries in fine arts, design, electronic media, art education, liberal arts, and professional studies degree and non-credit programs. With art and design programs ranked in the top 10 by U.S. News & World Report, MICA is pioneering interdisciplinary approaches to innovation, research, and community and social engagement. Alumni and programming reach around the globe, even as MICA remains a cultural cornerstone in the Baltimore/Washington region, hosting hundreds of exhibitions and events annually by students, faculty and other established artists.