Recent trends to "shop local" encourage buyers to support artisans while making purchases. When you "shop MICA," you support talented members of the MICA community.
This festive sale--happening Wednesday, Dec. 5-Saturday, Dec. 8, 10 .a.m.-6 p.m.--features fine art and handmade objects by 300 students, alumni, faculty,and staff. Holiday shoppers and collectors can discover work by emerging artists just in time for the gift-giving season.
• For event details, click here.
Many members of the MICA community showcase their creative and artistic talents through their own small businesses and product lines. This list of businesses with ties to MICA is updated often, as new enterprises are constantly in the works.
• To read the small business listing and find out how to submit your own, click here.
An overview of select books and articles published or designed by members of the MICA community, beginning in 2010.
• For the complete list, click here.
- The Whole Package: MICA courses that utilize real-world retail companies for their in-class assignments.
- Sculptural Pieces: Several MICA alumnae and faculty are working to show the world that wearble art exists for reasons beyond simple adornment, that it can be thought of as a form of sculpture.
- Clothing Cambodians: Alumna's Fulbright project makes a difference in Asia.
- Building Business: Alumni make Maryland a better place to live by building their businesses in the state.
- Galleries for the Greater Good: MICA alumni shape Baltimore's cultural scene by leading local galleries.
- Graphic Retail: With a strong graphic foundation, many alumni go on to work at major retailers or start thier own lines.
- Talent for T-shirts: Alumnus turns his love for illustration into a successful clothing line.