How it works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust pays you, or others you name, a percentage of the market value of the assets as re-valued each year.
- When the trust ends, the principal passes to MICA.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- You pay no immediate capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust at any time, and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You gain the satisfaction of making a significant gift that will benefit MICA.
Do you need further assistance?
Some gift arrangements have minimum age and contribution guidelines to help us serve as wise stewards. Contact the Development Office for more information about your particular situation. We look forward to helping you.
Alison Wainwright Davitt
Associate Vice President for Development & Constituent Relations
Office Telephone: 410-225-4219