Faculty Grant Guidelines -UPDATED 5.8.14
Lucas and the Marcella Brenner Faculty Development Grants
Lucas and the Marcella Brenner Faculty Development Grants of up to $2000.00 are available for AY 15.
New grant deadlines are OCTOBER 1ST AND MARCH 1ST.
Research Initiation Grants and Cultural Expansion Grants
The Research Initiation Grants and Cultural Expansion Grants are on hold at this time.
Lucas Grants are intended to fund projects that can be demonstrated to directly contribute to the improvement of curriculum and teaching.
Lucas Grants are decided in conjunction with the Provost and Vice Provosts.
Marcella Brenner Faculty Development Grants
Marcella Brenner Faculty Development Grants are specifically intended to fund projects that contribute to the faculty member's personal professional, artistic or scholarly development. Brenner grants are decided by the Faculty Grants Committee.
Application Deadlines are October 1st and March 1st.
Please note requests for the following are not eligible for funding by Lucas or Brenner grants:
- large-scale equipment such as studio, photographic or computer equipment
- contracted labor
Grant Applications MUST INCLUDE:
- A COVER LETTER. Download below.
- A PROJECT DESCRIPTION of maximum of 500 words.
- A BUDGET of 1 page, separate from the Project Description. It must include detailed expenses, including but not limited to: Conference or workshop fees, travel, lodging, meals, materials & supplies, books, shipping costs.
Include a TOTAL of funds requested.
If the grant request is retroactive, include copies of receipts. If the proposal is for the future, please be as specific as possible.
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS may be attached if relevant. Supplemental information may include an updated Resume of no more than 3 pages; images; conference programs and letters of invitation.
Failure to include the above materials as requested may jeopardize funding.
CONSIDERATION will be given to proposals based on the following criteria:
- Thoroughness of the application as outlined in the Grant Guidelines
- Overall quality of the Project
- Relevance of the Project to the applicant's field of study
Note: Grant proposals that have not been previously submitted or funded will be given consideration before second requests to fund a proposal.
Submit your complete Application, digitally in a single PDF attachment, to the Office of the Provost at email@example.com
Reimbursement of grant funds must be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs accompanied by an Employee Expense Reimbursement form. Include receipts for all expenses incurred. Download Below.
If for some reason the plans of a grant recipient change from the original research, professional or pedagogical project as described when submitted during the application process, the recipient is required to inform the Grants Committee immediately, forfeit the granted funds in full, and reapply with a new or alternative proposal in a future grant cycle.
Grant Cover Sheet
Instructions on Accessing Lucas and Brenner Grant Funds
Cash Advance Form
Expense Reimbursement Form