We're excited to have you join the MICA community! As a transfer student, we know your experiences and needs differ from those of incoming foundation year students, and we have worked to tailor an experience that reflects this. Your Academic Advisor will give you initial information about your orientation schedule, and you will receive more information in the mail by the end of July. Throughout the orientation program, your Orientation Leader will be there to help answer any questions you may have and to help ensure a smooth transition to MICA.
Figuring out your housing situation is a critical step in your successful transition to MICA. We know that many of our transfer students will live off campus, so to aid in providing you with some helpful resources before you arrive at Orientation, we've included our Off-Campus Housing Listing. For those of you living on campus, please plan to move in on Friday, August 29th between 9 am - 3 pm. All new upperclass Transfer students should report for Orientation check-in on Saturday August 30th, between 8:15 am - 9:00 am at Leake Hall in Founders Green, where you will receive the official Orientation schedule and packet of information to help you in your transition. To download the full schedule-at-a-glance, click here.
Here are some of the sessions you can look forward to:
- Getting Your MICA ID and Parking Permits
- Parent and Family Orientation (for your loved ones)
- Building an Inclusive Community
- Registration and Curricular Overview
- MICA Resources, Campus Safety and Involvement
- Great Crits, Great Classes
- Baltimore Neighborhood and Campus Tours
- And much, much more!
As a transfer student you may feel ready to hit the ground running at MICA. We encourage you to take advantage of the many resources MICA has to offer when you arrive on campus. As follows is just a short list of the offices that will be ready to assist you:
- Financial Aid: Located on the 1st floor on the Main Building. As an experienced college student you might have questions about your Financial Aid package that you would like to address right away. For more information click here.
- Academic Advising: Located on the 2nd floor of the Bunting Center. Transfering can bring up lots of questions about transcripts, classes and degree plans. Your Academic Advisor is here to help! For more information click here.
- The Joseph Meyerhoff Center for Career Development: Located on the 2nd floor of the Gateway. As a transfer student you may have questions right away about job and internship prospects. Career Development is ready to assist! For more information click here.
- Student Activities: Located on the 1st floor on the Meyerhoff House. Getting involved at a new campus can seem like a daunting task, but MICA strongly encourages transfer students to get involved with our many clubs and organizations to start making MICA feel like home! For more information click here.
It is important to remember that as a new student to MICA you are responsible for knowing and abiding by all of the policies and procedures at MICA, some of which may be different from your previous institution. You can find this information on the Policies & Handbooks section of the MICA website.
Finally, we hope you are looking forward to begining your time at MICA. No matter where you are joining us from and what experiences you will bring with you we have high hopes that you will find MICA to be a welcoming and inspiring community of artists!