The Student Voice Association (SVA) is MICA's student advocacy group, with two councils to focus on both the student life & academic concerns of students. Each council meets monthly, and the topics vary from session to session depending upon student interest. Additionally, SVA typically hosts one town hall style forum with the College's leadership each semester.
SVA meetings are open to all current students to voice their opinions about issues at MICA. Additionally, MICA faculty and staff are welcome to attend SVA meetings but they should respect that this is a student forum and hence a venue for student thoughts and concerns. Individuals from outside of the MICA community may not attend unless specifically invited by SVA.
Let your voice be heard!
Interested in being a representative for the Student Life Council?? Apply now by filling out this quick appliction.
Academic Affairs Council
- Molly Gamble, President
- Christina Cheng, Vice-President
- Eric Malloy, Marketing Coordinator
- Karol Martínez, Staff Advisor
- Michael Weiss, Associate Dean for Fine Arts
Fall 2014 Meetings
- Thursday, September 11, 12-1pm; Main 110
- Thursday, October 9, 12-1pm; Main 160
- TOWN HALL -- Wednesday, October 15, 2-4pm; Leake Lecture Hall
- Thursday, November 6, 12-1pm; Main 160
- Thursday, December 4, 12-1pm; Main 160
Spring 2015 Meetings
- Thursday, February 5, 12-1pm; Main 160
- TOWN HALL -- Wednesday, February 18, 2pm; Fred Lazarus IV Graduate Studio Center Auditorium
- Thursday, March 5, 12-1pm; Main 160
- Thursday, April 2, 12-1pm; Main 160
- Thursday, April 30, 12-1pm; Main 160
Student Life Council
- Sonya Norko, President
- Benjamin Fann, Vice President
- TBD, Secretary & Marketing Coordinator
- Kirsten Fricke, Staff Advisor
- Mike Patterson, Interim Dean of Students