Freshmen students should apply for on-campus housing using the electronic housing application following the steps below.
For those entering as Junior or Senior level Transfers, the Office of Residence Life is here to assist you in navigating off-campus housing opportunities. You can get started by visiting our off campus resources page for apartment listings, frequently asked questions, information regarding legal aid available to you and other details.
1. On-Campus housing is required and thus guaranteed for freshmen. Transfers wishing to live on-campus are given next priority as new students to MICA, however housing cannot be guaranteed for transfer students.
2. To apply for on-campus housing go to the Online Application and log-in using your birth date and your MICA student I.D. number. (Your I.D. number can be found on your letter of acceptance). Complete and submit both the housing application and the housing agreement.
3. Send payment of the $550 housing deposit and $450 tuition deposit by December 15th to the Office of Undergraduate Admission along with the Declaration of Intent form found in the acceptance packet. (The $550 housing deposit includes a $300 non-refundable reservation deposit in addition to a $250 damage deposit refundable when you move out of housing). Payment can also be made by credit card but must be indicated on the Declaration of Intent form. Housing applications received without both deposits will not be considered.
4. Transfer student housing applications are considered on a first come first served basis as space remains available. Placement into a single or double bedroom is based on the date of your $550.00 housing deposit and not the date of your housing application. A housing deposit and housing application are required for placement in on campus housing. We encourage you to deposit early. Housing in the spring term is limited, especially for single bedroom requests. Once all spaces are filled, new transfer students may be placed on a waiting list for the next available space in on-campus housing.
5. The housing agreement is for one semester (January through May).
6. Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent in mid January along with other move-in details including the name(s) and contact information of your roommates, so that you may start planning your move together. Please note will make every effort to place students together if mutually requested on the housing application.
The Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing Office is located in Latrobe House within Founders Green. The office is open weekdays from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. Students may come to the office to ask questions, to discuss any problems or concerns, or to just say hello. You can always call us at (410) 225.2398 or email us at email@example.com.