Fall Transfer students wishing to apply for on-campus housing using the electronic housing application should carefully follow the steps below.
The Office of Residence Life is here to assist incoming transfer students in navigating off-campus housing opportunities. You can get started by visiting our Off Campus Housing Resources page. There you will find apartment listings, frequently asked questions, information regarding legal aid available to you and other details.
1. Incoming transfers wishing to live on-campus are given consideration as new students to MICA, however housing cannot be guaranteed.
2. Transfer student housing applications are considered on a first come first served basis as space remains available. We encourage you to deposit early. Transfer housing is limited, especially for single bedroom requests (date of deposit will dictate not only placement but single or double room requests).
3. Once all spaces are filled, new transfer students may be placed on a waiting list for the next available space in on-campus housing.
4. To apply for on-campus housing go to the Online Application and log-in using your birth date and your MICA student I.D. number. (Your I.D. number can be found on your letter of acceptance). Complete and submit the housing application and the housing agreement.
5. Send payment of the $550 housing deposit and $450 tuition deposit by May 21st to the Office of Undergraduate Admission along with the Declaration of Intent form found in the acceptance packet. (The $550 housing deposit includes a $300 non-refundable reservation deposit in addition to a $250 damage deposit refundable when you move out of housing). Payment can also be made by credit card but must be indicated on the Declaration of Intent form. Housing applications received without both deposits will not be considered. Placement into a single or double bedroom is based on the date of your $550.00 housing deposit and not the date of your housing application. A housing deposit and housing application are required for placement in on campus housing.
6. The housing agreement is for the full academic year (August through May).
7. Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent in mid August along with other move-in details including, the name(s) and contact information of your apartment-mate, so that you may start planning your move together. We will make every effort to place students together if mutually requested on the housing application.
The Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing Office is located in Latrobe House within Founders Green. The office is open weekdays from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. Students may come to the office to ask questions, to discuss any problems or concerns, or to just say hello. You can always call us at (410) 225-2398 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.