Early decision Freshmen students should apply for on-campus housing using the electronic housing application following the steps below.
1. Freshman admitted under the Early Decision plan must complete an Online Housing Application and Housing Agreement by February 5. Log-in using your birth date and your MICA student I.D. number. (Your I.D. number can be found on your letter of acceptance).
2. Send payment of the $650 housing deposit and $600 tuition deposit by February 1st to the Office of Undergraduate Admission along with the Declaration of Intent form found in the acceptance packet. (The $650 housing deposit includes a $400 non-refundable reservation deposit in addition to a $250 damage deposit refundable when you move out of housing). Payment can also be made by credit card but must be indicated on the Declaration of Intent form. Housing applications received without both deposits will not be considered.
3. All freshmen are guaranteed housing. Placement into a single or double bedroom is based on the date of your $650.00 housing deposit and not the date of your housing application. A housing deposit and housing application are required for placement in on campus housing. Therefore we encourage you to deposit early.
4. The housing agreement is for the full academic year (August through May).
5. Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent in mid August along with other move-in details, including the name(s) and contact information of your roommates, so that you may start planning your move together. Please note that every effort will be made to place students together if mutually requested on the housing application.
The Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing Office is located in Latrobe House within Founders Green. The office is open weekdays from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. Students may come to the office to ask questions, to discuss any problems or concerns, or to just say hello. You can always call us at (410) 225.2398 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.