MICA Operated Shuttle Service to MICA PLACE:
MICA operated shuttles to MICA PLACE are limited to ten shuttle runs a week during the Fall and Spring semesters. The shuttle schedule is developed as a collaborative effort between the MICA PLACE Community Members, Graduate Studies and MICA's Transportation office. Shuttles do not run when the college is closed. Individuals, without cars, who choose to reside at MICA PLACE are encouraged to carefully review public transportation options before applying to live in MICA PLACE.
Report concerns/feedback to email@example.com (with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 410.225.2340
Other Transportation Options in Baltimore
1. MICA PLACE RESIDENTS & MFACA students (ONLY) can use the Hopkins (Homewood-Peabody-JHMI) Shuttle. MICA has arranged for a memo of understanding that allows you to ride this shuttle. You will be required to show your MICA ID. If you have any problems using this service, report the incident immediately to Rufus Davis at email@example.com or 410.225.2245. Information that would be handy to know: date, time, stop location, driver's name. Shuttle Link Here: http://ts.jhu.edu/Shuttles/
2. Yellow Cab: 410.685.1212 (NOTE: Make sure taxi drivers are using the meter. If the meter is off ask them to turn it on or decide on a set price before getting in.)
3. Light Rail and Commuter Bus: http://www.mtamaryland.com/ (The Mt. Royal Station stop of the Baltimore lightrail system is located on campus and Penn Station is a very short walk away. Please check local area maps for directions.) The Route 13 local bus is a direct line between MICA and MICA Place. Please review the map and schedule by following the link above.
4. ZipCar http://www.zipcar.com/ Car locations on Mt. Royal, University of Baltimore campus and McMechen Street near Myerhoff Dormitory.
5. Charm City Circulator: www.charmcitycirculator.com THIS SHUTTLE SERVICE IS FREE AND NEW LINES GET ADDED-CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY
6. Penn Station is an Amtrak station with MARC Train Service to DC
Resources for parking options near MICA PLACE
The surrounding streets have been surveyed and free parking is available on the 700 -900 blocks of North Chester Street, 700 - 800 blocks of Collington Avenue, 800 - 900 blocks of Castle Street, and 2000 - 2300 of both Madison Street and Ashland Avenue. All street listed are within a short one or two block walk from MICA PLACE. Some blocks may have daytime parking restrictions that include 2 hour parking (maybe ideal for visitors or short meetings) or street cleaning on one side of a block from 8am - 11am or 11:30am - 2:30pm (this may only require you to park on the opposite side of the street). Please take the time to read these signs as they vary from block to block.
Parking Garages near MICA Place
Ashland Parking Garage
900 N. Washington Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
Yvette Rucker/ Lead Attendant
Washington Parking Garage
701 N. Washington Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
Andrew Cunningham/ Parking Manager