Parents weekend Housing Session: An open house to show rooms in each building will be available following this session. We encourage students who have not seen other residence halls on campus to please visit so we can help you make informed decisions about where you want to live next year. The date and time will be available in the Parents & Family Weekend schedule.
Applications Available: You can find these on the Residence Life website under the "Current Students" tab and then the "Housing Lottery Process" tab. When the application is complete you will get a confirmation number. Print this page for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number after completion, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com.
Housing Info Night: Thursday, February 19th at 10pm in Falvey Hall. A fun-filled event with great prizes and useful information about how the assignment process works. Grand Prize is a chance to skip the housing assignment process for you and up to three apartment mates!
- Contract Release Requests: Contract Release Request will be avaialbe for rising sophomre students to pick up from the Office of Residence Life on February 2, 2015 starting at 9 am. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 am until 4:30 pm. We are located on the second floor of Latrobe House within Founders Green.
Roommate Matching Night: Thursday, February 26th in the ABox. Having trouble filling an apartment or looking for a group of apartment mates? Come and meet potential apartment mates using games, interests, and other resources.
Special Interest Community Application: Applications Due - Friday, March 13th at 4:00pm applications are due for students interested in living in one of the two upperclass special interest communities: Health & Wellness and Community Related Experiences in Art through Engagement (CREATE).
- Requests for Special Accommodations: submitted by Friday March 6th by 4 pm to the Learning Resource Center. If you have medical accommodations that are needed please submit and discuss that process with the LRC.
Applications Due: March 13th by 4 pm. EVERY student who wants a room must fill out the application. When the application is complete you will get a confirmation number. Print this page for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number after completion, please contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admit Tickets Available on the Portal: Week of March 16th. Students must print out their individual tickets and bring it to the lottery.
- Housing Selection for 5 and 4 bedroom apartments: March 25th, 2:30 - 4:00 pm in Falvey Hall.
- Housing Selection for 3 and 2 bedroom apartments: March 27th, 4:30 - 6:30 pm in Falvey Hall.
- Withdraw from housing: (Only available to Rising Juniors and Seniors) April 3rd by 5 pm is the last day to withdraw from housing after Lottery Selection to avoid a housing cancellation fee of $1000.00. After this date your account will be charged permanently. To withdraw from housing, please email email@example.com. Only rising Juniors and Seniors are eligible to withdraw from housing. Rising Sophomore students are required to live on campus.
We recommend that all students attend, however you may designate another student to represent you if they present your admit ticket. Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random selection number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random lottery number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
- Every student must fill out an application on-line to be eligible for the lottery.
- Each applicant will receive a confirmation number. Please print this page out for your records.
- Most apartments available in Founders Green reserved for upperclassmen are a part of the Special Interest Communities. Spaces will be available during the lottery. All others will be taken offline and reserved for incoming new students.
- Admit tickets will be available on the portal. Print them out and bring them with you to your designated lottery process. You must present your admit ticket to get into the lottery session.
- The housing lottery is a group process. You and your group members must fill an entire apartment, otherwise, we will be unable to assign you to that apartment.
- At least one member of each apartment group or representative must be present at the lottery.
- Each member of the group will be given a random lottery number. The lowest number within your group will be the number your group will use to determine your priority order. When your number is called, you will select an apartment for your entire group to fill. If the apartment your group wants is already taken, you will have the option of choosing a different apartment. Please be prepared with several apartment options in the event that your first and second choices are not available.
- Your entire group is encouraged to attend the lottery process. If your apartment choices become limited during selection, you may need to make last minute group decisions about where you live. If there is not an apartment that fits your group's criteria (i.e.: A four person apartment is no longer available) the group may need to decide who volunteers to opt out of the group or break up the group into multiple apartments.
- Rising Seniors will be the first group to select, followed by rising Juniors at the beginning of each session. However there are a limited percentage of spaces allotted to Rising Juniors and Seniors. Next rising Sophomores will select their spaces. Rising Seniors and Juniors are encouraged to return to the Friday Housing Lottery Session if they did not receive a room at the Wednesday session. After all Rising Sophomores are housed on Friday, Rising Juniors and Seniors may fill the remaining spaces. Each class will be assigned a certain set of numbers (Seniors get 1-100, Juniors get 200-300, etc.).
- If we are not able to accommodate every Rising Junior and Rising Senior who applies to live on campus, there will be the option of being placed on the waiting list in the order of your individual lottery number. We will also keep a waiting list of students who did not get their first choice apartment.