Parents weekend Housing Session: Sunday, February 16th at 10 am in Falvey Hall. An open house to show rooms in each building will be available following this session.We encourage students who have not seen other residence halls on campus to please visit so we can help you make informed decisions about where you want to live next year.
Applications Available: On the Residence Life website. When the application is complete you will get a confirmation number. Print this page for your records.
Housing Info Night: Thursday, February 27th, 10:15pm in Leake Lecture Hall. A fun-filled event with great prizes and useful information about how the assignment process works. Grand Prize is a chance to skip the housing assignment process and a guaranteed space on the 9th floor of the Gateway for you and your friends (3 people total).
- Contract Release Requests: Submitted by March 1 by 5pm. All requests to be released from the housing contract (rising sophomore students only) for the fall 2014 semester must be submitted by the deadline for consideration.
Singles Night: Thursday, March 6th at 10:15 pm in Glace Grill. Meet potential apartment-mates.
Special Interest Community Applications Due: Friday, March 21st by 5pm applications are due for students interested in living in one of the four special interest communities, Health & Wellness, Meyerhoff International Living Experience, Performing Arts or Community Engagement. All applications are due by 5pm.
- Requests for Special Accommodations: submitted by March 15 by 5pm to the Learning Resource Center. If you have medical accommodations that are needed please submit and discuss that process with the LRC.
Applications Due: March 21st by 5 pm. Final Housing Applications due. EVERY student who wants a room must fill out the application. When the application is complete you will get a confirmation number. Print this page for your records.
Admit Tickets Available on the Portal - week of March 24th Students must print out and bring to the lottery.
Housing Selection for Rising Seniors/Juniors: April 2nd, 2:30 pm in Falvey Hall.
Housing Selection for Rising Sophomores: April 4th, 4 pm in Leake Lecture.
Withdraw from housing: April 11th by 5 pm is the last day to withdraw from housing to avoid a housing cancellation fee of $1000.00. After this date your account will be charged permanently. To withdraw from housing, please email email@example.com. Only rising JRs and SRs are eligible to withdraw from housing. Rising SO students are required to live on campus.
We recommend that all students attend, however you may designate another student to represent you if they present your admit ticket. Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random selection number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random lottery number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
- Every student must fill out an application on-line to be eligible for the lottery.
- Each applicant will receive a confirmation number. Please print this page out for your records.
- Most apartments available in Founders Green reserved for upperclassmen are apart of the Special Interest Communities. Spaces will be available during the lottery. All others will be taken offline and reserved for incoming new students.
- Admit tickets will be available on the portal. Print them out and bring them with you to your designated lottery process. You must present your admit ticket to get into the lottery session.
- The housing lottery is a group process. You and your group members must fill an entire apartment, otherwise, we will be unable to assign you to that apartment.
- At least one member of each apartment group or representative must be present at the lottery.
- Each member of the group will be given a random lottery number. The lowest number within your group will be the number your group will use to determine your priority order. When your number is called, you will select an apartment for your entire group to fill. If the apartment your group wants is already taken, you will have the option of choosing a different apartment. Please be prepared with several apartment options in the event that your first and second choices are not available.
- Your entire group is encouraged to attend the lottery process. If your apartment choices become limited during selection, you may need to make last minute group decisions about where you live. If there is not an apartment that fits your group’s criteria (i.e.: A four person apartment is no longer available) the group may need to decide who volunteers to opt out of the group or break up the group into multiple apartments.
- Rising Seniors will be the first group to select followed by rising Juniors and finally, rising Sophomores. Each class will be assigned a certain set of numbers (Seniors get 1-100, Juniors get 200-300, etc.).
- Rising Seniors/Juniors can pull in someone from a different class into their apartment group. The rising Senior/Junior should attend their regularly scheduled lottery time with their group regardless of their apartment-mate’s class standing.
- If we are not able to accommodate everyone who applies to live on campus, there will be the option of being placed on the waiting list in the order of your individual lottery number.