- Housing Discount Application Deadline: Apply by Friday, February 1st before 5pm to automatically be entered to win a $1000 housing discount ($500 for each semester). Winners will be announced after the sign up process is complete in April. Winners will be chosen from students who have signed up for housing and applied by 2/1/2013.
- Parents weekend Housing Session: Sunday, February 17th at 10 am in Falvey Hall
- Applications Available: Monday, November 19th on the Residence Life website located under the Current Students tab, mica.edu/reslife. When the application is complete you will get a confirmation number. Print this page for your records.
- Housing Info Night: Thursday, February 28th, 10:15pm in Falvey Hall. A fun-filled event with great prizes and useful information about how the assignment process works. Grand Prize is a chance to skip the housing assignment process and guarantee a space on the 9th floor of the Gateway for you and your friends (3 people total).
- Singles Night: Thursday, March 7th at 10:15 pm Meet potential apartment-mates. Commons Gatehouse
- Special Interest Community Applications Due: Friday, March 15th by 5pm applications are due for students interested in living in one of the three special interest communities, Health & Wellness, MILE or Performing Arts. All applications are due in the Residence Life office before 5pm located in the Commons, 2108.
- Applications Due: March 20th by 5 pm. Final Housing Applications due. Late applications will not be allowed to participate in the selection process. EVERY student who wants a room must fill out the application.
- Admit Tickets Available on the Portal - week of March 25th Student must print out and bring to the lottery.
- Housing Selection for Rising Seniors/Juniors: April 3rd, 2:30 pm in Falvey Hall
- Housing Selection for Rising Sophomores: April 5th, 4 pm in Falvey Hall
- Withdraw from housing: April 12th by 5 pm is the last day to withdraw from housing to avoid a housing cancellation fee of $1000.00. After this date your account will be charged permanently. To withdraw from housing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that all students attend, however you may designate another student to represent you if they present your admit ticket.
Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random selection number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
- Every student must fill out an application on-line to be eligible for selection.
- Each applicant will receive a confirmation number. Please print this page out for your records.
- There will be certain apartments that will be designated as freshmen spaces in Founders Green. These spaces will not be available during the selection process and will be taken off line.
- Admit tickets will be available on the portal. Print them out and bring them with you to your designated selection process. You must present your admit ticket to get into the selection session.
- The housing sign up is a group process. You and your group members must fill an entire apartment, otherwise, we will be unable to assign you to that apartment.
- At least one member of each apartment group or representative must be present at selection.
- Each member of the group will be given a random selection number. The lowest number within your group will be the number your group will use to determine your priority order. When your number is called, you will select an apartment for your entire group to fill. If the apartment your group wants is already taken, you will have the option of choosing a different apartment. Please be prepared with several apartment options in the event that your first and second choices are not available.
- Your entire group is encouraged to attend the selection process. If your apartment choices become limited during selection, you may need to make last minute group decisions about where you live. If there is not an apartment that fits your group’s criteria (i.e.: A four person apartment is no longer available) the group may need to decide who volunteers to opt out of the group or break up the group into multiple apartments.
- Rising Seniors will be the first group to select followed by rising Juniors and finally, rising Sophomores. Each class will be assigned a certain set of numbers (Seniors get 1-100, Juniors get 200-300, etc.).
- Rising Seniors/Juniors can pull in someone from a different class into their apartment group. The rising Senior/Junior should attend their regularly scheduled selection time with their group regardless of their apartment-mate’s class standing.
- If we are not able to accommodate everyone who applies to live on campus, there will be the option of being placed on the waiting list in the order of your individual selection number.