Sponsored by FASQA (MICA's Faculty and Staff Queer Alliance)
The FASQA Award was created by MICA's Faculty and Staff Queer Alliance (FASQA) to recognize student achievement and contributions to the LGBTQI community. While all MICA students are eligible to apply for the award, preference will be given to applicants who identify as LGBTQ. Two prizes will be awarded for the 2011-2012 academic year: one $500 prize will be awarded to a student with demonstrated financial need and one $500 prize will be awarded to a student who demonstrates involvement with and/or commitment to the LGBTQ community and issues, regardless of financial need.
- Two awards of $500 each will be made.
- Application is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Winners will be determined by MICA's Office of Diversity & Intercultural Development after a review of applications.
- Applicants of all backgrounds are eligible and encouraged to apply; preference will be given to applicants who identify as LGBTQ.
- Applicants with demonstrated financial need are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted to the Office of Diversity & Intercultural Development (Bunting 391) by Monday, November 5th, 2012. Click here for an application.
Questions? Contact the Office of Diversity & Intercultural Development at 443-552-1659