A Diversity Grant is available for students who have actively participated in Office of Diversity programs.
Active participants in the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Development student programs, committees, institutes, etc may apply for monetary assistance for:
- Mobility Programs (domestic & international)* (Students must have applied and been admitted to program.)
- Summer study abroad programs* (Student must have applied and been admitted to program)
- Independent Study
- Hardship (situations vary)
- Senior Thesis
*The amount of the scholarship generally does not cover the entire amount for any program of study. Financial assistance for program(s) varies from year to year based on student(s) request and is not funded annually for any specific program. Funds will not exceed $500. Recipients are eligible for funds twice, and only once per academic year.
Grants vary in amount and are awarded to students after the fashion show held at the end of April for that year's summer programs or subsequent semesters by the following methods:
1. Transfer of funds to specified department if student is participating in a specific program at the Maryland Institute College of Art.
2. Check requests are submitted on the student's behalf by the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Development (indicating what the funds are to be used for) signed by the Assistant Dean and Associate Dean for Student Development.
The amount for scholarships is determined by:
1. Amount of funds available from the yearly fashion show after expenses.
2. Amount and number of requests by students that are active participants within the Office of Office of Diversity and Intercultural Development.
3. All students who are active with the programming of the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Development are eligible, with emphasis on students of color.