MICA now offers MICA ALERT. We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to subscribe. MICA Alert allows the College to communicate very rapidly with students, faculty, and staff via brief cell-phone text messages when there is an immediate threat to life or safety on the MICA campus.
MICA Alert supplements existing systems for emergency notifications via bulk e-mail, www.mica.edu, and voicemail to campus telephones. In an emergency, more detailed messages and instructions will be sent using one or all of these current methods.
MICA Alert is...
- subscription-based—you register to receive these messages, and can unsubscribe at any time
- used only in emergencies—never for routine messages such as inclement weather notices
- available to all current students in degree and continuing studies programs, faculty, and staff
- free—the only charges that may apply are those applied by your phone provider for text messages
About the Messages
- MICA Alert messages are never more than 125 characters, including:
- emergency type (tornado, shooting, fire, bomb threat, police emergency)
- location (address, building, area of campus)
- instructions (stay indoors, evacuate building, go to secure location)
- where to get more information
- With MICA Alert, you’ll receive only periodic test messages and emergency messages. No routine messages will be sent using the MICA emergency alert system.
How to Subscribe
- sign up when you do your online course registration or employee benefits renewal, or
- go to myMICA (select Personal Information then Emergency Notification Info)
- if you don’t have a myMICA login, sign up at www.getrave.com/login/mica.
You will be able to register up to two phone numbers to receive emergency messages. Each phone that is signed up will receive a validation code by text message—that code must be entered into the validation form on the e2Campus website to confirm and complete the registration for each phone number, so if you plan to sign up a second phone number, please coordinate the registration process with that cell phone’s user.
If you have questions about MICA ALERT, need help subscribing, or are not receiving messages after you’ve subscribed, please contact MICA Campus Safety at 410-225-2355 during normal business hours.
Please note: all users of MICA cell phones are required to subscribe to MICA ALERT.