To ensure that MICA students have the best resources and tools at their disposal as they develop their artistic practice here at MICA, we've partnered with Adobe Systems to provide MICA students with Adobe's Creative Cloud software package. With this software, MICA students can familiarize themselves with the software that's used by professionals in several different digital media disciplines.
The following software is included in Adobe's Creative Cloud software package:
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- among other programs
If you are an active MICA student and wish to activate your license to begin using this software, please follow the instructions below as best you can. If you have any questions about this software, or if you need assistance in getting your license set up, please contact the Help Desk at (410) 225 - 2201, or by email at Help@MICA.edu.
How to activate your Creative Cloud license:
If you are a MICA student, to activate your license to use the Creative Cloud software, please follow the instructions in this PDF.
With that PDF, MICA students should have everything they need to activate their license to use this software for one year of use.
How to reactivate your Creative Cloud license:
If the Creative Cloud software license that you got through MICA is expiring, please follow the steps in this PDF to renew your license for another year of usage.
Please note that the renewal process cannot be undertaken until last year's license has completely expired.
Creative Cloud FAQs:
- This software can be used on two computers at once, but it can be set up on many different computers.
- To use this software on another computer, please download, install, and run the Creative Cloud desktop application onto your computer. After opening the software, sign into the software with your Adobe ID, and you should be able to install and use the Adobe program(s) of your choice.
- If your license is still good, and you bought a new computer or have lost access to your old one, you can follow the steps illustrated in the previous bullet point to get this software installed on your computer.
- Adobe developed a "Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool" to help resolve installation issues that may arise when installing the Creative Cloud software. It is a useful resource if you have encountered issues in installing this software on your computer
- Any questions or requests for assistance with this software should be directed to MICA's Help Desk: Help@mica.edu / (410) 225 - 2201.