Tool Safety and Operation
1. Wear proper personal protection equipment. Safety glasses are required. Wear hearing protection that is appropriate for the level and duration of the noise in the tool room.
2. Wear proper apparel. No loose fitting clothes or neckties. No loose jewelry. Long hair must be covered and tied back. Non-slip footwear is recommended.
3. Keep the work area clean. Cluttered areas and benches invite accidents.
4. Be sure you are using the proper blade for the material and type of cut to be performed.
5. Clamp material down to a table when possible.
6. Plan your cut before you begin. Be sure that all cords are clear of your cutting path.
7. Start the saw just before you come in contact with the material.
8. Hold the saw down firmly to the material as you cut.
9. If you must stop in the middle of a cut, release the trigger while firmly holding the saw down against the material. Allow the blade to come to a complete stop before pulling the saw away from material.
10. When finished, unplug the jig saw and remove the blade. Store the saw and blades in their proper location.