Self-service color & b/w photocopying, computer printing, and scanning are available at the Decker Library.
Patrons (including faculty, students, staff) must have "Flex Account" funds available on their MICARD (the MICA photo ID card) to use printing and photocopying facilities. One can set up a Flex Account in two ways:
- In person: Visit the Student Account Services office in Bunting 240. Call (410) 225-2212 for hours (always open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). Cash ($20 minimum), checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- Online: Go to the Manage My Card page to set up an account or replenish funds using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). The money will be transferred to your Flex account instantaneously.
Continuing Studies students will need to obtain a MICARD at the Campus Safety office at 1212 Mt. Royal Ave. prior to setting up a Flex Account. Call (410) 225-2355 for hours (always open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Please note that this facility is intended for academic and library research use.
- Studio project output is prohibited. Please use MICA's Art Tech Center at 1206 Mt. Royal Ave. to output these projects.
- Volume production is prohibited. Faculty, staff, and students can contact MICA's Postal and Print Services at (410) 225-2202 for production of high volume photocopying jobs.
- Photocopying or scanning foreign objects is prohibited.
- Use of transparencies and/or personal paper is prohibited.
The Copyright law of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. The person using the equipment is liable for any infringement.
Read the complete text of the copyright law on the Student User Guidelines page.
- $.15 - B/W - letter size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) or ledger size (11 x 17 inches)
- $.45 - Color - letter size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) or ledger size ( 11 x 17 inches)
- letter size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) only
- $.50 - B/W or Color
- Free if saved to thumb drive or disk.
- Scans in PDF, JPG, and TIF formats, up to 600 ppi.
- Originals up to 11 x 17 inches are accomodated.
- There is a document feeder that can handle two-sided originals.
- Can scan directly to a thumb drive or use the adjacent computer to transfer files to storage media.
- CD-ROMs are available to purchase for $1.00 at the Circulation Desk.