Note: In accordance with MICA’s policy regarding campus email, all electronic correspondence from the Decker Library & MRC will be sent to your mica.edu email address.
General Library Circulation Guidelines
- All patrons must present either a current MICA ID, a current BALC member institution ID or Decker Library alumni card in order to borrow materials.
- Books are borrowed for a period of three weeks for students and staff, one semester for faculty.
- DVDs are borrowed for a period of two days for students, two weeks for faculty and staff.
- If a book that you need is on loan to another patron, you may ask the Circulation staff to place it on hold, and notify you when it is returned.
- Any book may be renewed if no other patron has placed a hold on it - see student guidelines for more information.
- Overdue charges are $0.25 a day per book, $1.00 a day per DVD.
- A book is considered lost if not returned within two months of the due date. The borrower is then charged the book's full replacement cost plus a $25 processing fee.
- After hours, books can be returned in the bookdrop located at the main entrance of the Library on the first floor of the Bunting Center.
- Library & MRC users can view a list of their checked-out items -- and students may renew items twice -- using the Library & MRC Catalog by clicking on "My Account".
- You can also view your Decker Library & MRC account using your mobile device! The free BookMyne app allows you to view your checked-out items, holds and fines, and allows students to renew items. Available in iTunes.