Where to Print
Printing within the Decker Library is available from a personal laptop or mobile device, as well as from any computer workstation on the upper or lower level.
- Click here to purchase the mobile device printing app
The mobile printing app works for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android systems, and costs $4.99 for an individual device. If you have problems with this app please let staff know. However, since this is a third-party application, library staff may not be able to troubleshoot problems you encounter with the software.
Complete information is available on the lower level of the library -- posted near the Pay-for-Print Center -- or ask for assistance at the Information Desk.
Restrictions on use:
- Library paper only
- No transparencies
- Volume production is not permitted; please use Postal & Print Services
- Studio output is not permitted; please use the Art Tech Center
$.50 - B/W or Color - letter size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) or ledger size (11 x 17 inches)
Patrons (including faculty, students, staff) must have Flex Account funds available on their MICARD (the MICA photo ID card) to do printing. One can set up a Flex Account in two ways:
- In person: Visit the Student Account Services office in Bunting 240. Call (410) 225-2212 for hours (always open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). Cash ($20 minimum), checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- Online: Go to the Manage My Card page to set up an account or replenish funds using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). The money will be transferred to your Flex account instantaneously.
Continuing Studies students will need to obtain a MICARD at the Campus Safety office at 1212 Mt. Royal Ave. prior to setting up a Flex Account. Call (410) 225-2355 for hours (always open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
MICA Alumni and other visitors can pay for their printouts or photocopies using cash. Patrons will be handed a printing receipt for the amount owed. Payment is made at the Circulation Desk where a cash register receipt will be issued. Documents will be released once payment is verified. Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday - Friday, visitors have the option of printing files at the Mailroom.
Please note that this facility is intended for academic and library research use.