Post-Graduate Activities (the MICA Class of 2013 Alumni Survey was completed in March 2014).
MICA Undergraduate Alumni 1
- 89% of MICA undergraduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 78% were working in design or arts-related jobs.
- 61% were developing a professional practice in their area of study.
- 6% were participating in a graduate program of study.
MICA Graduate Alumni 2
- 92% of MICA graduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed (Full time, Part time & Self-Employed).
- 100% were working in arts-related jobs.
- 77% were developing a professional practice in their area of study.
Student Persistence: Comparative Retention and Graduation Rates
AICAD: Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design
*The retention rate is the percentage of Fall 2012 first-time, full-time freshmen who returned Fall 2013; for the comparison groups it is the average rate for all of the schools.
**The graduation rate is the percentage of Fall 2007 first-time, full-time freshmen who graduated after six-years (through 8/31/2013); for the comparison groups, it is the average rate for all of the schools.
AICAD is the Association of Independent Colleges of Art & Design and is comprised of 43 schools.
Sources: AICAD 2013-14 Data Report and ACT's (American College Testing) Institutional Data Questionnaire (IDQ) information accumulated through 6/6/14.
Additional Retention and Graduation Rate Information Specific to MICA
Six-year graduation rate of Fall 2008 cohort of first-time, full-time students (through 8/31/2014) - 72%
- Male - 75%
- Female -71%
- Asian - 68%
- Black - 70%
- Hispanic - 81%
- International - 68%
- Other - 76%
- Unknown - 68%
- White - 73%
Financial Aid Information
Prior to Student Orientation and registration for classes, new students must complete the Student Immunization Record that is part of the Health History Form. The mandatory immunizations include Measles, Mumps, and Rubella; Tetanus-Diptheria; as well as a Tuberculin test. Students are also required by Maryland State law to have a meningococcal vaccination but can complete a waiver if they choose not to have the vaccination. The completed Health History form is submitted to the Student Affairs Office and eventually submitted to Chase Brexton, our on-campus Student Health Services provider.