Bulletin Boards and Building Entrance Easels are an integral part of the College's communication system. There are three types of Bulletin Boards and Easels: Campus News, Departmental, and MICA Community.
Please be aware that postings are not allowed on campus building doors, walls, floors, windows or on exterior furniture, signs, trees, and poles. Any postings placed in those locations will be removed. If the postings are related to an academic class installation, an "Installation in Public Spaces" form must be submitted to the Office of Events, Bunting 350.
MICA, as an institution, does not promote or allow events that focus on the consumption of alcohol, including events that advertise alcohol of any kind including but not limited to ladies' nights, pub crawls, or all you can drink specials. Posters or flyers that contain images or language that might be considered inappropriate to some audiences may be limited to certain locations at the discretion of the Student Activities Office.
Bulletin Boards and Building Entrance Easels are designated into three categories:
1. Campus News Bulletin Boards and Easels
Are managed by the Student Activities Office and are for the promotion of MICA events & announcements. Campus news Bulletin Boards are all over campus and can be easily identified. Please be advised that all posting policies must be followed. As a clarification, MICA events must be affiliated with a MICA department/office, typically occur on-campus, and must be open to all MICA students, faculty, and staff.
Overall guidelines for posting items on Campus News Bulletin Boards and Easels
- Materials should be brought to the Student Activities Office (located on the 1st floor of Meyerhoff House) for approval.
- Student Activities must approve all materials posted on Campus News Bulletin Boards and Easels.
- A "Campus Posting Policy Form" must be filled out for each posting. Campus Posting Policy Form: Flyers or Campus Posting Policy Form: Posters
- If a flyer or poster does not contain the name of the sponsoring department/office, a "Campus Departmental Approval Form" must also be submitted.
- Approved postings will be given an "approved" stamp. Any item displayed that has not been approved will be removed by Student Activities staff.
- Appropriate flyers/posters that will be approved include campus events & programs, academic & departmental events and opportunities, and general MICA news.
- Posted items can remain up for 2 weeks prior to the event or until the advertised event has passed, whichever comes first. Expired items will be removed by Student Activities staff.
- Reoccurring meetings, productions, classes, and campus news will be allowed to stay posted for a maximum of one month, with the understanding that the Student Activities Office reserves the right to temporarily remove posters to promote a more time-sensitive campus event.
- Postings should never cover that of another.
Additional Bulletin Board Posting Policies
- Flyers may only be posted on "campus news" bulletin boards. Posting flyers on easels is not appropriate and will be removed.
- Only one copy of a flyer may be posted per board.
- Only tacks, staples, and blue tape can be used on bulletin boards. Scotch, masking, duct tape nails, glue or any other adhesive may not be used.
- Flyer dimensions must be 8.5' x 11' or smaller.
- Student Activities can post up to 29 copies of a flyer, provided they are submitted no later than Friday at 5pm to be posted by the following Monday.
Additional Easels Posting Policies
- Posters must be at least 11' x 17' but no larger than 18' x 24'.
- Posters must be pre-mounted on foam core, before seeking approval of Student Activities.
- There is a maximum of two easels per building, with a maximum of 4 posters to be displayed campus wide.
- Only 1 poster per building.
- Easels can accommodate up to 3 posters at a time; posters will be displayed on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on their submission date.
- No flyers can be posted on easels or any part of an easel (e.g. a flyer cannot be taped to a poster on an easel).
2. Departmental Bulletin Boards
Located adjacent to academic departments and are for departmental announcements, office notes, public relations press releases, articles from newspapers and magazines, etc. They are maintained by that department.
3. MICA Community Bulletin Boards
Postings only by members of the MICA community for general information, e.g. apartments for rent, items for sale, non-MICA events, off-campus events and announcements.
• The Community Bulletin Board is near the stairwell on the 1st floor of the Bunting Center.
• Postings do not need to be approved by the Student Activities Office.
• MICA, as an institution, does not promote or allow events that focus on the consumption of alcohol, including events that advertise alcohol of any kind including but not limited to ladies' nights, pub crawls, or all you can drink specials.
Additional opportunities to post on free standing black sign holders in the Bolton Hill community include:
• Mount Royal Avenue near the Light Rail tracks at the top of the stairs leading to the Mount Royal Station.
• Corner of Mt. Royal and Lafayette near Corpus Christi Church.
• Corner of Lafayette St. and Park Ave. near Brown Memorial Church.
• Corner of McMechen St. and Park Ave. near the pharmacy.
Student Activities Office, 410-225-2284
Office of Events, 410-225-2516