Students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of MICA are invited to submit postcard size artistic tributes centered on the theme of Fred Lazarus' legacy for the Tiny Tributes exhibition. The collection will be on display at upcoming Legacy events as well as digitally archived and viewable online. Pick up blank postcards at stations around MICA's campus beginning January 21st (the first day of classes). Our extended community will receive an email / printable .pdf with complete submission guidelines.
- Take a pre-printed postcard from an on-campus location or print out the pdf on cardstock
(110 lb preferred).
- Create a unique postcard image or design on the front (your artistic tribute could respond to your time at MICA or the qualities of his leadership). All tributes will be gifted to Fred Lazarus following the Gala Celebration and are not returnable.
- 3 Postcards should be cut out or sized as indicated, (3 ½"× 5" minimum to 4 ¼" × 6" max), 2D in nature and able to be mailed.
- Consider including a personal note to Fred.
- Sign your name and affiliation with MICA (For student / alumni-include graduation date and major / program).
Return completed postcards to MICA Postal & Print Services or mail as a postcard or in an envelope to:
Maryland Institute College of Art
1300 W Mount Royal Ave
Baltimore, MD 21217-4134
Though all tributes will be accepted on a rolling basis through Monday, April 21st, 2014, we encourage submissions postmarked or delivered in person to MICA Postal & Print Services by Friday, February 7th.