Margaret Hluch received a BFA from Kent State University and a MA from St. Cloud State University in Weaving. She has been weaving for 30 years. Margaret has lived in Kenya for 2 years and Jordan for 1 year with her family. These years were filled with periods of visual delight and emotional excitement. Her textiles continue to be a distillation of these myriad experiences. Margaret has exhibited throughout the world, USA, Latvia, New Zealand, and Germany. She lives in Frederick, MD where she and her husband have renovated an historic building, The Pythian Castle, to become their studios, gallery and living space.
- National Bead & Fiber Exhibition, Delaplaine Visual Art Education Center, Frederick, MD.
- MATERIAL WORLD, Contemporary Fiber, Target Gallery of the Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, VA.
- Crafts National 37, Zoller Gallery, Pennsylvania State University,State College, PA.
- Crafthouston 2003: National, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, TX.
- Fabric Gardens: An International Exhibition of Quilts, Expo '90, Osaka, Japan and traveling Japan and USA.
- Threadworks: Miniature Textile Art, Curated by Lloyd Herman, SITES Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Exhibit traveling the USA and Africa.
- Art in Embassies Program,Regrowth, Rebirth & Reconciliation, Ambassador's Residence in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Art in Embassies Program, US Embassy in Yerevan, Armenia.
- Maryland State Arts Council Artist Award in Visual Arts: Crafts.
- Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship in Visual Arts.