In my teaching I have always felt that compositional concepts are the necessary underpinnings of all 2 dimensional work as well as 3 dimensional forms and their relationships to the environment and surrounding space.
In 1989 I began a series of illustrated stories about mice. These tales are slightly autobiographical about an artist mouse and her very handy and stoic mate. It is a natural extension of my sculptures which want to become more and more literal and with which I am still involved.
I also divide my leisure time between a life-long love of cooking and sewing very large appliquéd quilts with low reliefs of food and critters.
B.F.A. Illinois Wesleyan University.
"Drawing on Clay" Clay Works, Baltimore, MD.
Foundations USA National Traveling Show.
Mirrors, Skulls and Fragments, Baltimore, MD.
Maryland Art Place.
Elements Gallery, New York, NY.
Renwick Gallery, Washington, DC.
Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Meyerhoff, Baltimore, MD
- Wedgwood Museum
- Kohler Company Museum, Sheboygan, WI
- Everton Ceramics Museum, Syracuse, NY, Purchase 2005
- Ceramics Monthly
- NECA Journal Publications
- Piper Marbury, LLD, Baltimore, MD
- Nan Yarnaw, Baltimore, MD
- Mr. and Mrs. Earle Shaw, Baltimore, MD
- Maryland State Arts Council.
- Ford Foundation.
- National Endowment for the Arts.
- Residence in Rome, Italy, 2 years
- Quito, Ecuador
- Costa Rica