Allan Comport has been working as an artist's representative and educator for the past 25 years. In that period he has worked with many notable illustrators and photographers to a wide variety of ad agencies, design firms, magazines, newspapers, publishers and corporations internationally. He has served on the faculty of the Ringling School of Art and Design and is currently serving on the Illustration faculty of the Maryland Institute College of Art. He has been a frequent speaker on the business of illustration and marketing of artists. Allan works with Shannon Associates, one of the country's premiere artists agencies with offices throughout the US and the world. He has been a member of the Illustrators Club of Washington, Maryland and Virginia; SPAR, and the Graphic Artists Guild. He has been a past president of the Tampa Bay Creative Club, and member of the Tampa Bay Advertising Federation. He holds a B.A. in education and an M.A. in counseling. He lives in Annapolis, Maryland with his illustrator/wife Sally Wern Comport and their two children.
- Master of Theological Studies (Counseling Specialty), Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, OH.
1975 - 1976
- Post Baccalaureate Studies (American History), Akron University, Akron, OH.
- Bachelor of Arts (Education K-8, Health and Physical Education), Heidelberg College, Tiffin, OH.
Current Professional Projects
- Co-owner, Artist Representative, W/C Studio Inc., 1983-present. Managing all aspects of an illustration studio.
- Artist Representative, Shannon Associates, LLC, Annapolis, MD, 1999-present. Representing over 100 award-winning artists internationally for advertising, editorial, publishing and institutional clients.
- Co-owner, Art At Large, Inc., 2004-present. This company specializes in grand scale custom commissions of images for interior/exterior wall spaces for retail, corporate and private clients.
- Member, Graphic Artists Guild, New York.
- Member, The Illustrators Club of Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
- Member, The Society of Photographer and Artists Representatives Inc., New York.
- Past President and Board Member of The Creative Club Of Tampa Bay.
- Past Member, Tampa Bay Advertising Federation.
Relevant Teaching/Speaking Experience
- Adjunct Faculty, Maryland Institute College of Art, Illustration Department. Baltimore, MD 2002-present
- Instructor, The Ringling School of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL, 1994, 1995.