When working on a project, questions may arise as to the ownership of the product or idea that is generated. It is best to establish the ownership in an MOU or partnership agreement beforehand. If you have not done so, please review MICA's policy on intellectual property to figure out how it partains to your particular project. It is important that everyone is aware of ownership and credit from the onset of the project.
If you are including someone else's work, copy written materials including music within your work, make sure you have correct permissions for use, including written permission where needed.
- Intellectual Property Template
- Request for Copy-Written Materials Template
- Office of Research Policy on Intellectual Property About Works Created in Community Arts Programs
- MICA Institutional Policy on Student Copyright
- MICA Institutional Right to Reproduce Policy
- CAA's Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for the Visual Arts