2. The light bulbs have burned out in the hall; can the Department of Exhibitions replace them?
The Department of Exhibitions will only replace lights in the galleries. Contact Facilities Maintenance (FAC/MAN) for assistance for any other location. facman
3. Can I request technical equipment or a pedestal for my class final or critique?
No. The Department of Exhibitions provides technical equipment and pedestals for departmental exhibitions only.
4. What are departmental exhibitions?
Departmental exhibitions are exhibitions scheduled by the Department of Exhibitions that are directly overseen by an individual department and are in a non major gallery. An example of a departmental exhibition is a Drawing/GFA show in Fox 2 or a Ceramics in Middendorf gallery.
5. Does the Department of Exhibitions provide wall paint?
The Department of Exhibitions provides paint (FLAT 400) for galleries only. Paint for classrooms and hallways in non-gallery space, is not provided by the Department of Exhibitions. Contact Facilities Maintenance (FAC/MAN) for assistance.
6. What is the process for exhibiting in a space that is not a major gallery on the MICA campus?
The Department of Exhibitions only oversees the major galleries. If you are interested in exhibiting in any public MICA space, including corridors, hallways, and outdoors, please contact the Office of Events. Exhibiting in these locations will require the approval of the Office of Events. If you are a student and you would like to exhibit in the student space galleries (Pinkard, Piano Gallery or Gateway), please contact Student Activities.
7. I am an outside artist and want to exhibit. What is the process for exhibiting on the MICA campus?
If you are a professional artist or representative and are interested in exhibiting in a major gallery on the MICA campus, please submit an exhibition proposal form. See forms to download
8. Our department would like the Department of Exhibitions to install artwork. How do I submit the request?
Please submit an Exhibition Department Request Form. All requests will be expedited according to Department of Exhibition schedule. See forms to download
9. I have requested technical equipment or a pedestal for my departmental exhibition, do I pick it up or will it be delivered?
All pedestals are delivered to the exhibition location indicated on request. Technical equipment must be picked up from the Department of Exhibitions Office, unless otherwise indicated.
10. How much notice is required to request technical equipment or a pedestal?
All technical and pedestal requests must be submitted no less than 2 weeks in advance of installation because pedestals are located off site. Requests that are made within 2 weeks of advance may not be fulfilled.
11. My company/organization would like to have student art exhibited at our office/event. What office should I contact?
Please contact the Advancement Office
12. Does the Department of Exhibitions create labels and vinyl for all exhibitions?
The Department of Exhibitions creates labels and vinyl for exhibitions scheduled in Decker, Meyerhoff, Pinkard and Fox 3 galleries. Vinyl cutting is available for students, staff, and faculty at the ART TECH center.
13. What are the dimensions of the labels created by the Department of Exhibitions? What type of paper is it printed on?
The Department of Exhibitions creates a standard 3 1/2" x 5" label on cardstock. See forms to downlaod template.